No products in the basket.
Delivered by Techno Training
- Apply a logical systematic strategy for approaching machine faults and narrowing to the cause, starting with visual symptoms and evidence gathering techniques, essential logical thinking approaches to narrow down a problem area to a specific circuit, navigation of the systems and testing and verifying a fix.
- Evaluate which interventions are low risk and which carry the possibility of making things worse (by adding a second fault into the system)
- Identify which components need a setup routine when changed-out vrs those that are simple plug and play.
- Read electrical schematics to enable cause and effect relationships to be determined and test points to be established.
- Apply effective strategies for faults including open circuits, faulty components pulling down the power supply voltage, faulty coils, machine interlock loop faults, DC & AC short circuits, faulty sensors, sticky contacts, and timer faults.
- Apply safe work practices for when to work live, de-energised and when and how to isolate, Lock and Tag for maintenance.
- Communicate effectively to the next shift, and document progress on an unresolved fault. A vital skill for avoiding repeated steps.
Excellent follow-on programme to the QQI L6 Industrial Electrical Systems delivered in 2021 across Inishowen Companies